Life After Fifty is recruiting volunteers!
Want to help? The work of Life After Fifty depends heavily on the generosity of volunteers. Help make a difference in the lives of seniors in Windsor and Essex County. There are many ways in which you can contribute. If you’re interested in volunteering please call or email our volunteer coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
or 519-254-1108 ext 132
Have two hours to spare every few months? We want to hear from you. We are looking for volunteers to represent LAF at Paradise Gaming Centre. By volunteering your time LAF receives a share of the bingo profits. Help us to raise funds for local seniors!
Role of the Volunteer
- Help out once a month or once every few months
- Sessions are two hours and the days/times vary.
- A schedule is distributed a month in advance at which time you can choose a date/time that works for you.
- The volunteer will be stationed at the door for the two-hour assignment – bingo centre staff are there to carry out the required health and safety protocols
- Volunteers will welcome customers at entrance/open doors
- Thank customers for coming and supporting your charity
- Indicate what charity they are representing
- Assist centre staff with managing logistics at the door and entry protocols, for example:
- Assist with customer count to manage capacity restrictions
- Provide customers with session programs/times and information on promotions
- Assist with any health protocols if requested by the operator
Volunteering at Life After Fifty...
Lifer After Fifty relies on the help of volunteers in every aspect of the Centres' life.
For anyone with spare time on their hands and a willingness to help others, the Centres can offer many rewarding volunteer opportunities. You don't need to be over the age of 50 to help.
Want to volunteer on a regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly, occasionally)?
We may have a position just for you!
What you can expect:
- the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping someone
- the opportunity to share a special skill or talent
- the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends
- the opportunity to do as much, or as little, as you like